Thursday, December 13, 2007

Conversation

Every Wednesday night, I take the boys and we go to church. We have a gathering that night called 2:42. Members and visitors get together to have dinner and then proceed to a small group bible discussion afterward. Our boys go to what is called Cadets. It is basically cub scouts for Christ and our boys LOVE it. Instead of going to small groups, I go to praise practice. I am so blessed to be a part of this group that leads our congregation in worship that I just get lost in the moment and enjoy every single second of it.

However, the most exciting part of my night this past Wednesday was having such a wonderful conversation with someone. It was with my Pastor Chad. Now, first I must say that I know allot of people are thinking, "Wow, that must have been boring." Well, if you thought that, then you do not know him.

When I was growing up I went to a different church and the pastor that preached at the church was nice and approachable but not like Chad. Pastors like Chad are a gift from God and I believe Chad has something that a lot of pastors don't...he can connect to anyone, no matter who you are and what your situation is....he gets you, he accepts you for who you are and loves you through the good kind of love. The love of Christ.

I talked to Chad for a least a half an hour about the most random things and it was so FUN!!! You know, I think most people think that pastors are intimidating but I have never felt that way around him. He is just like every normal person. He likes to watch TV, he is probably the biggest Cubs fan I have ever come across,we talked about politics, he helped me with an upcoming Sunday school class my husband and I teach. We talked about our kids, Santa Claus, and music. It was so refreshing to talk to him. And it wasn't like I was having a meeting with him. We were just gabbing in the front area of the church where every likes to congregate.

I am telling you, God has blessed our church with the most wonderful pastor. I could not tell you the last time I heard someone tell me how their pastor spent 30 minutes of his or hers time to just chat. I know Chad is busy, and he could of been doing something else but he wasn't. I have so much respect for him and it just amazing the people that God has put in my life.

No comments: