I went to the social security office and the license branch today. Why did I go? To officially change my last name!!! This was probably one of the most exciting days since my wedding. I was so excited to go and do all this today. I was warned by some girls I work with, who recently got married as well, that there is a very long wait at the social security office so I went prepared with a book. I got there, took my number, which was 82 and sat down. When I sat down, they called out number 78. I was only 4 people behind that number. I could not believe my luck!!! I was there maybe 15 minutes and I was done. She took all my information and the form I filled out, told me I would receive my new card in the mail in 5-7 days and sent me on my way. Before I left, I thanked the lady who had helped me and jokingly said, "Since that was so painless, do you think you can call the BMV and tell them how you all at this office get through people waiting so quick!!" She laughed and thanked me for the compliment.
So, later on the way to the BMV I am praying that I am not going to be in there for hours. This is the day they are open late so everyone goes in there it seems like. I get there, expect to see crowds of people and there are like ten people there. I check in, the lady takes my information and tells me to take a seat and that they will call my name when they are ready for me. Call my name? No number system? Wow, the BMV is getting pretty personal these days. I wait about 5 minutes (I don't even think it was that long) and they call my name. I give her all my paperwork, sign my forms, pay my ten dollars and proceed to get my picture taken. I get that taken and wait another few minutes and she hands me my new license with my new last name and I am done!!!!!!
I can't believe how blessed I have been today. God knows how impatient I am and I am so thankful he was watching over me today and my sanity :)
No comments:
Post a Comment