Thursday, June 21, 2012
Challenge....ACCEPTED!
A little over two weeks ago I started something called the "Advocare 24 Day Challenge". The reasoning behind this is I was stuck. Stuck in a weight loss plateau that was frustrating beyond belief. One of my good girl friends, Janet, is a distributor for Advocare's products and I have been using Advocare's product "Spark" (an energy drink) for a few months now.
So, I met with Janet and went over everything this challenge would entail. It was not going to be easy. I mean, I couldn't even have skim milk or eat a baked potato. The big question was, could I do it? Would I cave and not stick to it? Did I have enough will power to do this? The answer is YES!
I started the challenge and the first week was a little rough. I was so sick of eating salmon and chicken I would have rather gone hungry I think. I have adjusted since then. I know now that I can eat more than just salmon and chicken.
And...over two weeks later I have lost over 13 pounds. I have been working my tail off (literally, I think it is almost gone). I have been to the gym almost everyday this week and the week isn't over yet. I am actually enjoying running and working out and I never EVER thought those words would come out of my mouth or go in a blog for that matter. I have a new appreciation for food. It is not something I go to when I am upset, it is something I go to when I am hungry. I think my brain finally is catching up with my body.
My challenge ends in one week and I am hoping to loose another 5 pounds at least.
For those of you who are stuck...stuck in a rut. Don't give up. Do what it takes to reach your goal. Whatever that goal may be no matter how long it takes. Accept the challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment