Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's starting....and I am starting to get nervous.

I am starting to get a tad nervous. And if you know me, this really isn't me. I do not really get nervous performing any longer. I know who I am as a performer and really enjoy every bit of performing. I sing every Sunday in our praise band at church so I am use to being in front of people singing. But these next few months could determine a lot. Saturday, I am meeting with Jason Bennett. He is the amazing and talented piano player who will be working with me on my demo. Not only are we practicing for the upcoming demo, we are recording my DVD to submit to The Voice. GULP!!! I have even borrowed some really nice recording equipment from where I work to record it. This is where the nerves kick in. I think they are excited nerves. "What if" nerves. What if Carson Daly shows up and invites me to the show? What if he doesn't? What if I fall flat on my face? What if, What if, What if????? YIKES ALMIGHTY!!!! Then.....I so thought I had decided on the songs for my demo and now I am wavering on a few. How can I be doing this so late in the game? Jason might kill me?!!?!????!!?!?!?!! AND THEN....I think about when my demo is done. What if I get absolutely NO bookings from this? No shows. No responses from labels. NADA!!!! Then I think....So what???!!!! I am going to try and do everything I can to make this happen. See what is going on here? So many emotions. Things are starting, starting to happen and I am making them happen. Maybe that is why I am nervous because it all falls on me and I want this so badly. I am doing everything in my power to have as many positive thoughts as I possibly can. I think the closer my demo dates get the more nervous excitement I will have. I have never recorded in a professional recording studio, only a home recording studio so this is a new step for me. And hopefully a good step in the right direction.

No comments: