Thursday, August 9, 2012
Beyond Amazing
I know it is only Thursday however, this week has been beyond amazing. I don't even know where to begin....I guess I will start at the beginning!
My husband started working day shift on Monday this week and I actually get to spend time with him now. It is like, I get to talk to him for more than five minutes a day in person. It is wonderful. We get to cook dinner together, go on walks with our dogs together, watch TV together...stuff normal people should be doing and we were not able to because of his work schedule. I haven't even yelled at him yet this week!!! ;)
Then, there is this thing...this amazing thing I am doing in the recording studio. I must say, I did not get much sleep Monday night due to my nervous excitement for Tuesday night. I just did not know what to expect. I had never recorded in a professional recording studio before. Only home recording studios. I did everything I could to hide my silly, elementary school girl grin when I walked into the recording studio on Tuesday night. I mean, I had been in this studio before to meet with Jeff Anderson to talk about my plans for my future, my demo, etc..but this was it. It was my dream becoming a reality. Jason Bennett, my piano player, was already there warming up and Jeff was getting all the mics and everything technical set up. This week we were there to lay all the piano tracks and I was just doing scratch vocals. So, Jason was the one in the hot seat! :) He did amazing and I could never thank him enough for all of his help. He is truly a gift piano player. We laid done 5 piano tracks for my demo and I will be going back to the studio next week to do the vocal portion. Jeff, who owns the studio, is outstanding. I could never thank him enough for taking on this project of mine.
I never thought in a million years I would actually be doing this. It was a dream...but let me tell you folks. Don't give up on your dreams no matter how big or how small they are because they can lead to something amazing.
Everything has fallen into place. It is just up to me what I do with what I have been given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment