Friday, April 13, 2012

Calling all singers!!!

Last night I was on Facebook and saw a post from a casting/placement agency that they are looking for singers/songwriters for a new singing reality show. So, after asking a few questions to the agency, I submitted one of my songs via email. I did not expect the response I got back from the agency within about fifteen minutes after I submitted. The lady that intercedes to listen to all the submissions before sending people to the next step said she would be sending my submission off to the next step in the process. GULP!!!!!

Did I really just do this? Did I really have a shot at this? Maybe...Maybe not. I may be a bit crazy for doing this but if you don't take chances in life you aren't going to get anywhere.

The lady, Darlene, also said by me submitting to her agency I could get vocal placements for commercials if they need singers (I would have to audition, of course). Or just get calls for auditions for a variety of things. YES!!!! Now, I am not sure how all this casting/agency placement works entirely but if it does anything for me I will be happy.

I am not sure what got into me last night. Maybe I am just tired of people telling me I am good enough to be something more than I am and never doing anything about it. Well folks, no one can say that anymore. :)

No comments: