Sunday, April 22, 2012
Light at the end of the tunnel
It has been a pretty rough time in my life lately. I have been especially moody because of this and I am sure I have been taking it out on all the wrong sorts of people. I have been praying...a lot. It seems like almost every aspect of my life is in turmoil and that just isn't a good place to be. I have tried to remain positive through all of this, put a smile on my face and just move on with life. But at the end of the day, I am broken. Completely. I know, in time, things will all work out. However, I don't see the "light at the end of the tunnel" at this point. I have had friends walk away from me when I have needed them most. I have felt as though my life is falling apart day by day and I cannot get it back together. Each morning, I wake up with a new hope that this day will be better. Even though most times it is not, I keep going. It has to end sometime. It HAS to get better sometime.
I am very thankful for my church and my church family. I know that I find complete peace when I am at church. Especially when I am singing. I am fortunate that I have been able to be involved with my church in this aspect. Leading worship allows me to let go of all I am and give everything over to God. It allows me to not worry about everything I am wrapped up in on a daily basis. My "light at the end of the tunnel" is God and music. I think that anytime I am frustrated, at my wits end, cannot get over something, cannot get through something...I need to go to God and music. Music has always had a place in my life and so has God. Both have got me through some rough patches in my life. I didn't know it at the time but looking back I can see that now. I know that I just need to let go over the grip and control I want to have over my life. It isn't that easy but it is something I need to do in order to grow in the direction God wants me to.
What gets you through rough times in your life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment