Yesterday, I posted on Facebook that I received some news that would be life changing. Well....here it is...
In May 2007, my husband got a job at Subaru of Indiana Automotive as a Group Leader in IPC (In-Process Control). We were both thrilled as he had been driving to Carmel, Indiana everyday for work. It was more money, better benefits, job security and of course, it was local. The only downside was, he had to work second shift. However, the good things outweighed the bad and he took the position.
There have been some changes going on in his department at SIA. First, they are really busy. The area he supervises has four teams on it which is a lot for one supervisor. He does have team leaders under him that are amazing but it still is quite a bit for one supervisor to do efficiently. The talk of that area is that they were going to have two Group Leaders per shift in IPC sometime this year. No word when they announced that who would be going to first shift. A few weeks ago, two Group Leaders were hired for positions to cover openings in IPC one all the moving around happened but no one knew still where anyone was going.
As of yesterday, Jerrod, my husband, got confirmation that he would be that Group Leader going to days in IPC (the one currently on days would stay and he would be the second). I don't think I have jumped up and down or hollered so loud in a long time. If you have ever had a spouse that works second shift, you know how taxing this is on your family and your marriage. We have had a rough year thus far and this was an answered prayer that we have been waiting for. He will not be going to days until sometime after Labor Day but that is okay. The fact that we can get back to the way we were before and be stronger as a family makes me believe in everything. We have been dealing with him working nights for five years. That makes for a very interesting marriage when you very seldom get to see your spouse. I do cherish every moment I spend with him, what little that may be. Now, I look forward to planning things with him and actually eating dinner together, going to bed at the same time and just sitting on our front porch together. I miss that.
So....if you were thinking this had anything to do with my music career...that may be the next announcement as I am still waiting on getting contacted from a submission I placed with a casting agency for a new vocal reality show. I got passed the first stage and my submission was sent to L.A.
Good things are happening folks!!! :)
2 comments:
Heather,
Yes, some people may think this post wasn't a big deal but I know exactly what you are talking about. My husband has worked 2nd shift at CAT going on 3 years now. We have had a very rough time in our marriage too. If you remember, Kayden was also born 3 years ago so it has seemed like I am a single parent. I pray some day soon he will go to first shift too because you get to the point you just don't know how much of it you can take anymore. Congratulations!
Stephanie Maxson
congrats to you! my husband has been at SIA going on 16 years now. he has been back and forth from days to nights at least three times since i have known him. he is finally (hopefully) on days for good, and has been for the last several years. it is a great thing to have him home every night... but you get so used to being on your own during the evenings that at some point you will find yourself thinking that sometimes you just want (need) a night to yourself... to SHOE SHOP!!
Kristy Blair
Post a Comment